Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer at Last

At long last summer has arrived!  I didn't think it would ever get here.  My last day of school was yesterday and it was filled with graduation and goodbyes as I'm moving on to a different school next year.  I'm looking forward to a bit of a break and only working one job (at Ikea) this summer!  My last blog post was over a month ago and I definitely want to change that!  I've done lots of little things around the house in the last few months that I need to document and share.  I thought I'd start with my balcony since outside is where I want to be these days!


Littlefoot Gardens is going strong again this year! I have green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapenos, sweet pickle peppers, and raspberries growing.  I also have my pot of flowers and a little rose bush that my dad gave me for my birthday back in March.  It was pretty much dead by May.  It is so hard keeping a rose bush alive during cold winter months, even when it is indoors!  But ever since I put it outside it has rebounded and is even producing a few flowers buds!


I got two new blue bird cushions from Lowes.  The ones I had from last year faded REALLY badly and got mouldy... These ones are really nice and plump.


I also picked up a new outdoor rug from Target.  I spent a little more on it then I wanted to, but it was a necessity.  My favourite blue and white, Moroccan-patterned one from last year completely disintegrated. There were little pieces of blue plastic EVERYWHERE.  It got to the point where I had to leave a separate pair of shoes outside to only wear on the balcony.  This one is soft on the feet and feels more durable than my last one.  I was bummed I only got a year out of my previous one, but I guess that's what you get when you only spend $12!  And I learned my lesson of never purchasing a plastic rug again!





You may have noticed my Littlefoot Gardens sign hanging on the wall.  I made it out of a piece of wood from a pallet and some laser printer images.  I'll share a tutorial this week on how to make your own wooden sign. It was really easy!

Enjoy the long weekend to all my fellow Canadians!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)