Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Long Overdue Post

I have not posted since the beginning of January!  That's so bad!  In my defense, I've had a lot going on.

#1 - The second week of January I got hit hard by the flu bug that's been going around.  I was camped out in bed and on the couch for a week.  It was nasty.  I missed teaching, tutoring, IKEA, and my band rehearsal that week.  I'm feeling so much better now, all that's left is a lingering cough.

#2 - I have a problem.  An addiction really.  To Angry Birds.  All the free time I did have that I could have used to write posts, I was playing Angry Birds.  Is it just me, or is anyone else super addicted too?!  I knew I had a problem when I stayed up until 3:00am one night trying to fling birds.  It's just so simple and so basic - everything is just based on angles and timing!


Well this little puppy here I finally finished this morning!  All 210 levels.  All with 3 stars.  So I'm putting Angry Birds away for a while before I download another version.  I need to wean myself off (and write more blog posts!)

#3 - It's another Kitchen Event at IKEA.  These things result in many hours spent palletizing kitchens for customers and booking deliveries.  When I get home at 10:30/11:00 at night, the last thing I want to do is sit down and write a blog post.  Sorry! :)

I have however, done some stuff around my place that I wanted to share with you!  First up is my boot mat. I took a simple black plastic boot mat and covered it in rocks from the dollar store.  It's works great and looks nice too!  I never like looking at those plastic mats when they get covered in salt and are all ugly by the middle of winter.  This way, the water, salt, and snow just drips down and is hidden.  When they rocks get dirty they just need to be thrown in the sink for a rinse!



Along the same idea, I needed a mat outside my front door.  I was tracking in all kinds of gravel and salt before (my condo board insists on throwing down massive piles of gravel when things get icy...).  Isn't he cute?  (**Okay, so I just went to take a photo of my actual mat, but it's covered in snow...I tried to sweep it off but the snow is frozen to it...so you can't actually see the cuteness... so here is the stock photo from online for the time being!)
  
It's made of a rubberized coir which is super easy for cleaning and doesn't track in those tiny bits of straw like regular coir does.  It's squishy under foot too (when it's not frozen, like right now... it's -23 degrees, with a wind chill of -30 right now...not too pleasant out)

I also got a neat ladder shelving unit for my living room.  Right now I just have some of my trinkets on it.  I need to unpack my books still (I was waiting until I had shelves).  I'm hoping to do that in the next few weeks.  It was a bit smaller than I had hoped when I ordered it, but once I get some art on the wall, and possibly a floor lamp over there (that corner gets very dark), I think it should work out just fine.  And the black colour matches my kitchen table in the opposite corner.




So there you have it, a little update on this past month.  Crazy to think February is just around the corner!

  

1 comment:

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)