Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tackling the Bathroom: Update

Last time I filled you guys in on the bathroom, we had just given the shower curtain a much needed makeover. About a month ago IKEA had a bathroom event and after lots of measuring and time spent on the IKEA website, I decided on the Lillangen mirror and mirrored cabinet to add the much needed storage in my bathroom.

LILLĂ…NGEN Mirror IKEA

LILLĂ…NGEN Mirror cabinet with 1 door IKEA Shallow cabinet; ideal for limited spaces.
I didn't get the legs for the tall cabinet since I had two Capita legs left over from Bert's installation, so I used those instead.  I also didn't put the two side hooks on, but decided to save them in case I needed them later.

As a reminder, here's what the bathroom looked like before:

\


This was after we removed the mirror and painted.




And here's the bathroom now!






I also picked up two hooks which you can see in the picture above to hang towels on.  I've never been a fan of towel bars.  Hooks are more convenient I find!  I LOVE that my makeup is no longer on the back of the toilet! It's so much cleaner and less cluttered.  The Lillangen series is made with smaller spaces in mind so they fit great.  And their black-brown colour matches perfectly with my existing cabinetry.

So here is how the list looks now, with links to the completed projects for you to check out:

Making progress!!

Tomorrow is the last day of school before Christmas break and they are calling for a big snowstorm with 30cm of snow forecast. Looks like it's going to be a white Christmas here!  Stay safe if you're travelling this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Mel,

    I looks great. I love how you feature your spider plant. ;) The mirrors really light it up in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Lillangen looks very good. I also see that you can decorate with a lot of flowers and nice small "decoratinng stuff"... so i guess You don't have a cat ;-) By my side, I have to find a solution, because I really like it but my cats will broke and/or eat them :-((( ciao ciao Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)