Saturday, April 21, 2012

IKEA Uppleva?

Would you buy an IKEA all-in-one smart TV?  I had heard about this earlier in the week and just came across this video tonight.  It almost seems like a joke, but no!  It's for real!

IKEA is rolling out the Uppleva, a new all-in-one smart TV with speakers, blue ray, and DVD player built into the furniture.  And they seem to have conquered the problem of all those cords associated with entertainment stuff.

 
The  Uppleva can be customized to fit into any of the entertainment furniture units that IKEA sells.  I wonder what the quality is of the TV?  The Uppleva will be available in Stockholm, Milan, Paris, Gdansk and Berlin in June 2012. Then the rest of the stores in Sweden, Italy, France, Poland, Denmark, Spain, Norway and Portugal in Autumn 2012. Sadly, we will have to wait till Spring 2013 to try it out. 

What do you think of an IKEA TV?  Would you buy one?

In other unrelated, but still IKEA related news, I found out today IKEA is giving me my permanent part-time contract!  Yay!  I had to pass a three month probationary period before they could give me a contract, and I made the cut.  For those of you that don't know, they eliminated my Greeter position at the end of March.  I was super bummed since it was a great job, but they moved me into the restaurant.  I have never worked in a restaurant in my life and it's a very insane and crazy fast paced environment!  My feet have never hurt so much in my life.  I'm pretty sure I made over 20 urns of coffee today.  It's not the most glamorous job, but for the time being you'll find me refilling the ketchup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments!! If you don't have a profile listed, choose Name/URL (you can leave the URL space blank, but please leave your name!) or you can choose anonymous :)